Burlington Route calendars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Burlington Route calendars
From: kliner@s...
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:07:11 -0000
Charlie, The calendar with Aeolus is 1938. It was the only one
which featured her. Let me share what I have thus far and maybe
someone will fill in the gaps or correct me. 1935 was Renascence with
Neb. state capitol building in background. 1936 was two silver
Zephyrs passing. 1937 was also a silver Zephyr but just one, with a
sunset in background. 1938 as I mentioned was the one with Aoelus,
an early Denver Zephyr, and a steam engine I think. As Charlie
mentioned the artist showed some ghost like images in the sky and
this theme was also used in some following years. 1939 was the night
time meeting of a Zephyr and a steam engine with what was probably
the Chicago skyline in the background. The Zephyr is passing under a
signal bridge. There are also some industrial buildings in the
background. 1944 was the Pioneer Zephyr celebrating it's 10th
birthday and it has ghosts of the many Zephyrs in the sky. 1941 had
the Zephyr passing the way freight's red wooden waycar in a snow
storm. This is one of my favorites. 1942 had the soldiers unloading
a red BR boxcar into an army truck, with a Zephyr motor sitting
beside it. 1943 was the lady powdering her nose and using the shiney
nose of the Zephyr as a mirror. There are red caps in this picture
which seems to be under a train shed. 1940 was the Silver King at
dusk with a green signal on the track beside the Zephyr. Another one
of my favorites. 1945 had the cowboy and the farmer watching
several trains go by. 1946 was the dome shot of the first Vistadome
car. I'll close out the decade with three question marks. Can anyone
help here? Sorry I got 1940 and 1944 out of order. If there are
needed corrections please say so. Will post more later. Archie