Re: [BRHSlist] Sterling Rock Falls Branch

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Sterling Rock Falls Branch
From: Mike Spoor <CBQRR@j...>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 19:00:30 -0600
Cc: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Dustin: I have some data for you. Beginning in the early 1950s and up
until the summer of 1954, the Q ran "cow and calf" TR-2s on the way
freights to Streator and to Barstow. They may have run them to Rock
Falls as well. The railroad began using GP-7s most of time once they were
delivered in 1952 and 1953. I believe that the Rock Falls switcher was
usually an NW-2. I am pretty sure that the GP-7 was standard during the
1960s. Karl, Leo and some of the guys who worked that line might be able
to tell us more.

Mike Spoor