Re: [BRHSlist] Sterling Rock Falls Branch

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Sterling Rock Falls Branch
From: aenge89995@a...
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 15:58:54 EST
In a message dated 11/3/01 12:40:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dholschuh@y... writes:

> I recently purchased a CB&Q timetable from 1963 for the C&A
> divisions.Does anyone have any idea what type of motive power was
> used on the Sterling Rock Falls branch in the mid 50's to late 60's.
> Also it states that that between Denrock and Sterling that the train
> was a mixed.Any clue on how passengers were accomendated on these
> runs. Thankyou for your help.
>
> Dustin Holschuh

According to a friend of mine who took the mixed train in question,
passengers were accomidated in the caboose in the later years. He obtained
his ticket after fighting with the ticket agent and showing that the train
was still listed on the current passenger timetable to get a ticket. The
agent suggested to him that he take an alternate mode of transportation. :-(
Luckily, he still has the photos. :-) The mixed train would stop at the
station, drop the step, and pick up the passengers (very uncommon).

Up until two years ago, there was a 1 mile or so stub of track off of the
current Barstow Subdivision to Denrock. The rest of the line came up in the
early to mid-1980's.

Alex Engelke

******DISCLAIMER BELOW********

This email is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance it's individual character and appeal, and in no way are to be
considered flaws or defects. Some settling of contents may occur during
transit.