Re: [BRHSlist] Snow Plowing

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Snow Plowing
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@g...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:12:43 -0600
Hi Leo:

Joe Arrington was our Sup't when we started running the SD-40-2 slaves,
years back. I cought the first eastbound set, and he rode the slaves from
Donkey Creek to Alliance, claimed the ride was good. Unlike our current
slaves, these were five SD-40-2's with a fuel tender. We had two sets of
leaders and slaves, and they would come up as two trains, go to wherever
they were going to be loaded and then, at Donkey Creek, you would set over
one waycar, couple both trains together with the slave power in the middle
and then pick up the set-over waycar. You ended up with about 224 cars, ten
motors and two waycars. They didn't work too bad, until they squeezed out
one of the fuel tenders into Crawford's municipal water well.....then they
quit using them.

Mike Decker