Re: [BRHSlist] North Coast Limited Consists

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] North Coast Limited Consists
From: "Dennis C. Henry" <dchenry@g...>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 09:08:02 -0500
At 09:19 PM 5/6/01 +0000, you wrote:
>I just finished reading a couple of good articles on the NCL in the
>NPRHA's "Mainstreeter".
>
>One thing that was not mentioned was the use of an 11 bedroom sleeper
>that ran from Chicago to Livingston, summers only from 1966 on. CB&Q
>Timetables show this car as lines 258 WB and 268 EB. Does anyone
>know what car(s) may have been used for this service. I don't
>believe the NP had any 11 bedroom sleepers.
>
>Could the Q's two 6-5 sleepers (not the CZ cars) have been used for
>this service? If this car in fact ran to Livingston every day, then
>at least 4 cars would have been required.
>
>Glen Haug
Glen,

I explored this question some years ago with the late Tom Hoff, and it is
clear that the cars were from the six Illinois Central "Bloomington" series
Plan 4168A. See The Official Pullman-Standard Library Vol. 12 Illinois
Central pp. 142-145 for photos and plans. Brass Car Sides and Chicago
Coach Works are developing brass sides and kits for this car in HO and N
later this year. Contact me off-list for additional information if interested.

Dennis
Dennis C. Henry, Owner and General Manager
Brass Car Sides Phone: (507) 931-2784
715 South 7th St. e-mail: dchenry@g...
St. Peter, MN 56082-1435 v-mail: (507) 933-7314
<http://www.brasscarsides.com>http://www.brasscarsides.com
Passenger Car Parts for the Streamliners - Serving the Hobby Since 1978