Re: North Coast Limited Consists

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: North Coast Limited Consists
From: glenehaug@m...
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 04:26:02 -0000
Thanks for all the replies on sources of the 11 bedroom sleepers on
the NCL. I also heard from a member of the NP Telltale who lived in
Billings and remembers seeing both Pennsylvania and UP 11 Bdrm
sleepers there in the late 60's, with the UP cars being particularly
prevalent. He implied that these cars remained in their home road
color schemes.

The use of the IC sleepers was a surprise, but makes sense since they
are listed in the consists of the City of New Orleans and City of
Miami. I am curious how they were lettered when painted in two-tone
green. I wonder if IC lettering was used to spell out "PULLMAN"
and/or if IC letters were used on the ends to indicate ownership?

Glen Haug