Re: [BRHSlist] proto 1000 F3 problem

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] proto 1000 F3 problem
From: "JOHN J. OLSON & DEBBIE NIESS" <trains28@h...>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 14:49:59 -0600
DRale,
Is the locomotive causing a 'dead' short or do the other locomotives keep
running? The reason I am asking is because if a dead short is happening- I
had a new in the box F-3 at the store that wouldn't run and found out that
the half-axles on one wheel set were touching each other inside the plastic
axle gear housing. This caused a short across both rails and nothing moved!
The wheel set in question was gauged too narrow at the factory. I twisted
them apart (in gauge) and the locomotive ran perfectly!
John Olson
Jim's Junction
Billings, Mt.