proto 1000 F3 problem

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: proto 1000 F3 problem
From: drale99@a...
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 09:20:26 EDT
I have MUed a proto 1000 A unit with a pair of Stewart FTs. Tightly
draw-barred and weathered, it provides what my unsophistication allows me to
accept as a reasonable representation of a prototype Burlington 3-unit FT-F2
diesel set. Looks good, and gives my RR a much needed prime mover. I run it
back and forth between the terminals of my point-to-point layout, dragging
heavy freights over the grades of my main. It has worked well and I've been
fairly proud of the performance.

Suddenly the F3 stopped running. Stopped completely, stone cold dead. I put
it on the bench and removed the shell and whatever else would come off. The
wiring completely baffeled me. I couldn't get down to the motor, and
couldn't even find the motor connects. I can't shop this loco! I need help!

DRale Reeves