Re: [BRHSlist] Lines west (and south)

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Lines west (and south)
From: Wes Leatherock <wleath@s...>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:50:26 -0600 (CST)
We're sure wandering off the Burlington Route subject,
but the Missouri Pacific had something like 20 Texas
subsidiaries (not including the T&P), of which the I-GN
was only one. Others included the New Orleans, Texas
and Mexico; the St. Louis, Brownsville and Mexico; San
Antonio, Uvalde and Gulf; The Beaumont, Sour Lake and
Western; the Houston and Brazos Valley; The Sugar Land
Railway Company; and many others.

As you correctly note, they owned a majority of
the T&P, but by no means all of it; perhaps a smaller
proportion than the CB&Q did of the C&S/FW&DC.

Wes Leatherock
wleath@s...