Re: [BRHSlist] Re:Lines West (and south)

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re:Lines West (and south)
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:28:32 -0600
From: "John and Carmen Jacobs" <jjacobs@s...>
To: "BRHS list" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 12:07 AM
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re:Lines West (and south)

> I know I'm whipping a dead horse but here goes. The folks that think that
everything east of Alliance or Lincoln have been standing in the sun too
long. I'm sitting here looking at a BN track diagram for the Brookfield 2nd
Sub between the South end of West Quincy yards and MP40 4 miles west of
Hunnewell Mo. And it ain't nowhere near FLAT!

<snip>

And don't forget that the controlling grade between Denver and Chicago is
not in Colorado - it is the five miles of average 1.00% between the
Burlington (IA) station and the West Burlington shops. Why else would the
carbuilders have selected precisely that section for the testing of air and
vaccuum brake systems?

Marshall - (who was once told by the RMC staff that he was chickening out on
scenery by modeling the CB&Q, because all you had to do was paint the
plywood green)