Re: [BRHSlist] CRIP 6-6-4 sleepers on the Zephyr Rocket

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CRIP 6-6-4 sleepers on the Zephyr Rocket
From: "Dennis C. Henry" <dchenry@g...>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 18:08:30 -0600
At 05:29 PM 3/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi folks. I was at a model train show up here in Toronto today and
>stumbled across an Eastern Car Works kit for a 6-6-4 sleeper which seems
>to be a match for the Golden State cars that were eventually used on the
>Zephyr Rocket. I also managed to find a set of Microscale decals for the
>car. What I'm looking for are drawings or suggestions that will help me
>detail the car, as well as any tips from people who've built an Eastern
>Car Works kit before. I have one picture of the car from a sharp angle in
>Mike Spoor's CB&Q in Colour, volume 3. Any other photos would be helpful
>too. Thanks.
>Duncan Cameron
Duncan,

Here are two articlew with plans and photos, both by George Trager, quite a
few years apart:

Mainline Modeler, Nov. 1991, pp. 42-45. Photos of MP, IC, ATSF, UP cars in
same series.
Railroad Model Craftsman, Jan. 1967, pp. 36-37. Photos of ATSF and UP cars
in same series.

Dennis
Dennis C. Henry, Owner and General Manager
Brass Car Sides Phone: (507) 931-2784
715 South 7th St. e-mail: dchenry@g...
St. Peter, MN 56082-1435 v-mail: (507) 933-7314
<http://www.brasscarsides.com>http://www.brasscarsides.com
Passenger Car Parts for the Streamliners - Serving the Hobby Since 1978