CRIP 6-6-4 sleepers on the Zephyr Rocket

To: "RITSlist" <ritslist@s...>, <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: CRIP 6-6-4 sleepers on the Zephyr Rocket
From: "Cynthia & Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:29:03 -0500
Just wanted to thank people for the input on modelling these cars. I just
happened to have the January 1967 Railroad Model Craftsman in the basement
(the gift of a fellow train fan a "few" years older than I am). The most
obvious thing that I noticed was that I'll have to remove the skirting from
the kit. I'm not sure whether to try to correct the arrangement of the
underbody details -- looks like it would require a new plain floor plus a
bunch of detail parts. Another thing I noticed was that the "vents" above
the doors on the model don't seem to be there in the pictures ( hard to tell
with some) and that the plans show possible grab irons on that section of
the roof. Anyone know if those "vents" were there on the CRIP cars? Thanks
again.
Duncan Cameron