RE: [BRHSlist] CRIP 6-6-4 sleepers on the Zephyr Rocket

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] CRIP 6-6-4 sleepers on the Zephyr Rocket
From: "Kenneth Currie" <currieken@e...>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 17:34:28 -0600
Duncan,

I've built an Eastern Car Work combine previously, as well as some covered
hoppers. It was a bit of a frustrating experience, especially with the
combine kit. If your kit is anything like mine was, be prepared for larger
parts that are warped. I used several smaller
bulldog clips and other type clamps to hold the parts together while the glue
dried; it was the only way to overcome the warping. After that, I had to
fill several spots with body putty and do considerable sanding, not always easy
with the clerestory roof my combine had.

Coupled with the difficulty with the parts are instructions which are--to
say the least--not always clear.

In short, I've found the Eastern Car Works a challenge to put
together. I guess the results are worth the cost, time, and effort,
but it takes a while to get the final result.

Ken Currie