Re: [BRHSlist] Old Threshers was Re: Railfan trip

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Old Threshers was Re: Railfan trip
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:23:52 -0600
From: "Ken martin" <kmartin@c...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 7:31 PM
Subject: [BRHSlist] Old Threshers was Re: Railfan trip

> nftrains@n... wrote:
> >
> > Also, Just what do they run on the grounds during the show?
> >

> > Larry L. Doub
>
> Well let's see, there are horse teams, antique cars, about 100 steam
tractors
> fired up, probably over 300 antique gas and oil-pull tractors, one lung
hit
> and miss engines, threshing demonstrations, lumber cutting, various other
old
> time crafts and trades, great dinner tents, in the evening are music
> shows(extra fare) and probably other stuff I have forgotten.
>
> Oh yeah a couple trains run around the grounds.

Add several buildings of antique displays and sales, two separate "villages"
representing life in 1850 and 1900, a trolley line with 5 or 6 different
cars, several old diesel and steam stationary power plants, a sorghum mill,
antique cars (including what I am told is the only surviving 1929 Ruxton),
etc.

Marshall (Old Threshers Grew Up With Me) Thayer