Re: [BRHSlist] Railfan trip along the old Burlington to Ottumwa 3/3/01

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Railfan trip along the old Burlington to Ottumwa 3/3/01
From: atsf3460@a...
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 01:32:06 EST
Whatever, I didn't get out of the car with my yardstick to measure the gauge
of the rails or try to find a handy three foot section to see how much it
weighed! I have never been to Old Thresher's days and haven't a clue as to
what they run there. I thought they perhaps had some German Henschel (?)
engines and I think some of them were gauged for 2.5'. In any case, the
rails looked rather substantial in size for narrow gauge operations. It
certainly looked heavier than anything shown in photos of Durango &
Silverton, Cumbres, or EBT operations.

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL