Re: [BRHSlist] Cab Signals

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Cab Signals
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@p...>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:47:09 -0600
The configuring of the Chicago-Aurora raceway for 90MPH made for an interesting
trip experience.

Like a long distance runner, the Denver Zephyr would sprint the final distance
into Chicago. My mother pointed this out to me on trips in the 50's. It always
seemed that after Aurora, the train got its second wind and, as it approached
Chicago, it ran faster and faster so that the stations would become a blur.
Truly exciting.

sjl