Re: [BRHSlist] Locals

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Locals
From: Ed Pavlovic <epav1@w...>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 23:41:06 -0600
Leo,
Can't answer the photo question, but I can help out with the consists somewhat.
At the Prototype Modelers show in Naperville this past October, there was a
clinic put on by Jim Miller on RPO operations on the Q. One of the overhead
sheets that he put up had the times that the consists were parked at CUS and the
departure times. It also listed the number of engines, headend cars, and
passenger cars on the train. The sheet had no date on it, but from
conversations that I had with Rich Gortowski these trains still went to the Twin
Cities in 1958, and so it places the sheet between '58-59. It lists the consist
on 45 as 1 engine, 3 headend cars, and 1 passenger car. The consist of 52 that
day had 1 engine, 3 headend, and 2 passenger cars. For comparison, the
Blackhawk, 47&48 each had 3 engines, 4 headend, and 10 passenger cars listed.
Note that the sheet did not break down how many cars were coaches versus
sleepers. Hope this helps out a bit.

At least we now have the date these trains were taken off down to a six month
period.

Ed Pavlovic