Re: [BRHSlist] Locals

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Locals
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 23:50:34 EST
In a message dated 12/4/00 7:27:43 PM Pacific Standard Time, qutlx1@a...
writes:

<< Does anyone know the whereabouts of a photo of trains 45/52 (the local
between C.U.S. and Savanna or info.on the typical consist? >>

Leo,

During the time period I am modeling, (1950) these trains went to and from
Minneapolis daily. I think that this was so until the late 50's. I think it
was shortened to Savanna not too long before it was discontinued. It was a
few coaches with a lot of head-end equipment. I too would be interested in a
consist.

Al Holck's Vol 1 Q book has some great pictures of #7/#8, a Chicago-Denver
train of similar purpose.

Rich