Re: Locals

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: Locals
From: bradslaney@w...
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 15:17:27 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@egroups.com, qutlx1@a... wrote:
> Does anyone know the whereabouts of a photo of trains 45/52 (the
local
> between C.U.S. and Savanna or info.on the typical consist? These
trains
> disappeared between employee timetables #51(4/26/59) and 52(10/59).
Anyone
> know the last run date? Was their consist like #2/15(Galesburg
local) and/or
> #47/48(St Louis-Savanna).Now how would that be for an awesome photo
(the Chgo
> or St Paul local along side the St Louis local at Savanna depot in
October
> w/the bluffs in the background in full color!
> Thanks,Leo.

Leo,

I know 45 departed Chicago about 8:30PM, with arrival in Savanna
about 12:30AM. I'm absolutely clueless where to start looking for a
photo, but if there is no response on the list, chech the
Northwestern Illinois communities. Such a photo would be a rare
treasure considering the arrival time.

45 usually had 4 or 5 cars. 1 rider coach and head end equipment.
One of the nights I saw it's departure, the motor was a passeger
Geep. The rider coach usually had 30 riders for Aurora. After that,
I imagine passngers were pretty sparse. Another of my regrets for
not riding.

BRAD