Re: [BRHSlist] Locals

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Locals
From: Ed DeRouin <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 12:15:05 -0600
Aurora was cab signal territory.

Ed:

I have no idea what the Q's policy may have been, but I strongly suspect
that at any given time only so many locomotives were on the property at the
right places. Being resource constrained is not a new business concept.

The ICC had a policy defined in an order issued about 1949 or 1950. I
haven't found the exact date yet. Without Cab Signals, or other systems like
ATC or ATS as applied on other carriers, a train could not legally exceed 79
mph.

So, if a non cab signal equipped engine was assigned, I believe that to be
the applicable rule.

Ed DeRouin