Re: [BRHSlist] blackbird gray & decals

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] blackbird gray & decals
From: ltjdicki@a...
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 19:54:32 EDT
d.cameron@s... writes:

<<
Hi list! I was looking at my P2K GP7s again today and wondering how I
was going to handle all the different grays now visible in my fleet.
There's the SD7 gray. There's the GP7 gray. And there's the Kato NW2
gray. Personally, I think Kato came closest to what I've seen in colour
photographs. Does anyone know of a match for Kato's colour? A related
question: I've got some of Microscale's decals for Q hood units and
switchers and the nose stripes they provide seem really dark to me.
Kevin Piper used to offer what he called "correct colour" nose stripes.
Does anyone know what colour he used? Does anyone have an email address
(or snail mail) for Kevin? Any suggestions about trying to bring some
uniformity to the fleet would be appreciated. Even suggestions about
folks who do custom painting and decaling would be considered. I hate
to give up the factory paint quality that PRK has been able to achieve,
but all theses grays are too much. If anyone knows somebody who really
does top-notch custom jobs I might consider having some or all of my
units redone. Thanks. Duncan Cameron.

Duncan,
The snail mail address for Kevin Piper is as follows:

Kevin's Decals
6387 W. Birch Rd
Clatonia, NE 68328-8442

Tim