Re: [BRHSlist] Signals and Stuff

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Signals and Stuff
From: The Cameron Family <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:13:40 -0400
This is the kind of detail that's especially helpful for us modellers
who have no personal experience of train operations. Can anyone comment
on the kind of signalling and train control in use on the K-line between
Burlington and St. Louis at different times? According to my 1963
timetable there were parts of that stretch under Centralized Traffic
Control. Other parts (including Keokuk, which I'm most interested in)
were Manual Block System. Can anyone tell us a bit about what those
terms mean and how they were applied operationally? A note in the
timetable also says "No train order signal at Keokuk" -- can anyone tell
me what that would mean as well? Thanks.
Duncan Cameron