Re: [CBQ] New BRHS Digital Library !/Aurora,IL bypass

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] New BRHS Digital Library !/Aurora,IL bypass
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 12:12:47 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The land for Eola yard started being purchased in 1908. The first six tracks
laid would today be west yard 1-6.

By the way there was scuttlebutt floating around the Aurora Division in the mid
to late 1970s that studies were underway to build a new classification yard out
around the area between Montgomery/Bristol and Sugar Grove/Big Rock to replace
both Cicero and Eola with shuttles trains into the city from there to
interchanges. Much like it was in the late 1800’s when Aurora made up trains
for Chicago and I guess much like today with the shuttles from Eola to Clearing.

LeoPhillipp