Re: [CBQ] Stout Impact Recorder

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Stout Impact Recorder
From: "Ken Vandevoort" <countrydepottrains@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 09:03:58 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I am really enjoying these stories.  This is a piece of equipment I didn't know even existed.

Lenny's comments about Murray brought back some memories as I was a temp there twice.  First time, I was part of the crew cleaning out the place after the new building was built.  We were to remove everything out of one room and I found a wood box full of 4x5 black and white negatives.  One was of the locomotive now on display in Ottumwa and it was sitting on the track right outside the building door.  I took the box to HR and told them I thought they would want to keep this and they did.  The main manufacturing plant I was working in still had the rails in the floor.  I came back a week later and installed their new computers.  Going between buildings, you had to carefully peek around the corner to make sure a train was not coming, especially when you were pushing a 4 wheel cart.  If I had not done so, I would have been right in front of Amtrak.  Now all of the buildings are gone.

Ken Vandevoort
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#65045) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_