Re: [CBQ] Question regarding oil tanks at the old Downers Grove commuter

To: CBQ@groups.io, William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Question regarding oil tanks at the old Downers Grove commuter yard.
From: "Doug Ramsay" <drramsay@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 12:22:04 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thank you, Leo and Bill,

after not finding info on the tanks at the historical society museum
collection, I was thinking maybe CB&Q related and possibly a spot for me to use
my railroad owned tank cars on the layout that I am planning out. The Great
Northern had a small tank farm not far from where I live over in Everett (WA)
in which I have seen photos of with GN tank cars sitting alongside. It is still
an interesting possible lineside customer for me to spot cars at.
Question for Leo, since I know you are very knowledgeable of this area. Would
say this industry along with the Hines Lumber yard just to the west, have been
worked by the East End way freight?

Doug Ramsay