Re: [CBQ] Robert C Brown

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Robert C Brown
From: "jpslhedgpeth via groups.io" <jpslhedgpeth=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 14:52:15 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Just a little "off the wall" trivia re Bob Brown.  Over a couple of years I had the privilege of talking and corresponding with Brown.  Even went to his home and went through some of his books and bought quite a few of them which are now in the capable hands of a BRHS Member.

Some of you may remember the  "Head on" at Nodaway MO where the CTC operator headed southbound freight Train No. 70 into the siding at Nodaway MO against northbound  passenger train No. 23.  I was discussing this matter with Bob B. and he told me that his dad, Virgil Brown was the Chief Dispatcher on duty at HQ at Ottumwa IA that night.  So i got the  "real story" about the matter from someone who knew the true details of what happened that night, not long after the CTC System was installed from Napier South in IIRC late 58 or early 59

Pete