Re: [CBQ] FlexiVan on Q Passenger Train

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] FlexiVan on Q Passenger Train
From: "Paul Bender" <paul.bender@acm.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 14:00:55 -0400
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

On Aug 13, 2022, at 1:45 PM, HOL WAGNER <holpennywagner@msn.com> wrote:

I can't be sure in this particular photo, but I've seen photos of these cars on the Q where the PRR lettering was visible.  It was my understanding that a number of the R50 express reefers were rebuilt as conventional express/storage mail cars, but my knowledge of the Pennsy is sadly lacking, so this may not be correct.  Certainly none of the cars in the photos I'm aware of are express reefers.

OK.

I know some of the R50 cars were used in mail storage and/or express service when they were not needed for hauling refrigerated loads.

jerry Britton has some info on the R50B cars here:

The B&O cars I was thinking of are the B&O C-15 class baggage/express cars.  I found this thread on Trainboard that includes a photo in the first post:

Paul

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#64161) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_