Re: [CBQ] S-2 Pacific

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] S-2 Pacific
From: "William Barber" <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 12:19:32 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Mike,

I am not sure that the S-2 was the most popular. LMB also made a model of the
O1A 2-8-2 as did Oriental. There were at least two companies that produced the
S4 hudson, several that did O5 4-8-4s including Sunset 3rd Rail recently (and
still available according to their most recent newsletter) and at least one
that did the 2-10-4. Oriental, I believe, also did a model of the B1A mountain
4-8-2. I don’t recall the manufacturer, but one company made a model of the
USRA 0-8-0 which could very easily be modified as a Q USRA 0-8-0 with small
detail changes depending on which of the 10 locomotives one is modeling.

I, personally, have one LMB S2, One LMB O1A, two Oriental O1As, two hudsons, a
B1A mountain and an 0-8-0. I haven’t worked in HO for a long time and some of
the models belonged to my late father. In more recent years, I moved to O scale
and have acquired a number of Q models in that scale. Unfortunately, no S1 or
S2 4-6-2s have been offered in O scale. In fact, very few 4-6-2's of any
prototype have been available in brass. The only ones that I can think of were
Pennsylvania, Southern Pacific, and possibly Canadian Pacific. Weaver did offer
a light USRA pacific in diecast for a brief period before they went out of
business. Some of those are still available brand new if you check around on
the internet.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO