Re: [CBQ] Burlington Truck Lines Semi Lettering

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington Truck Lines Semi Lettering
From: "ken thompson" <mailboat4@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 15:34:20 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thanks Ricky,

I have the MR piggyback book so I'll take a look.  I didn't know about that BNSF site so I'll look there too.

I currently have one old cast metal Ulrich conventional tractor and a single cab over.  The Ulrich is a Kenworth, but I'm not sure what the cab over is.  The cab over might be a tad too modern for my 1964 era.  From most of the photos I've seen, the tractors used for working the ramp were usually two axle jobs.  Both of mine are tandems.  I recently purchased a Mini Metals '54 Ford F-350 two axle that looks pretty good for my era.  Parts of it even have the correct paint colors.  I'll be looking for some more suitable tractors.

Micro Scale decal sheet 87-836 even has the "Galesburg, ILL" part in the cab stencils in white at the very bottom of the sheet.

Ken