Re: [CBQ] Burlington Truck Lines Semi Lettering

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington Truck Lines Semi Lettering
From: "Tom Mack via groups.io" <thommack=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 05:46:37 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 03:30 AM, ken thompson wrote:
I have some company data that shows where all of the Q's piggy back ramps were.
I don't think I have an actual company list of piggyback ramps, but there are lists in one of the public publications, I think the Official Railway Guide. It lists Savanna, IL as having a piggyback ramp, but I have never been able to locate where it was. The yard maps don't show it nor does there seem to be dead-end spur track where a ramp would be located. I have never been able to spot the ramp on any photos either. It may not have been at the yard, but I can't find it on Savanna track charts either.

Interestingly, in a GN wheel report piggyback car TTX 150463 is destined for Q interchange. It carries trailers BRMZ 508613 and NWWZ 406611. The car itself has no destination, but the destination for empty trailer BRMZ 508613 is SAVANNA, IL and the consignee is AGTCBQ. Empty NWWZ 406611 has the destination as CICERO, IL also with consignee AGTCBQ. I'm not sure if this means that once the TTX car was interchanged to the Q it stopped at Savanna to have the BRMZ trailer offloaded and then went on to Cicero to have the NWZZ trailer unloaded, or what.

Does anyone know how a piggyback car with trailers destined to two very different destinations would have been handled? Seems odd to unload both at just one destination then drive the empty trailer to the other destination considering the long distance between Savanna and Cicero. The car making two stops seems to make more sense - BMRZ trailer unloaded at Savanna, then the TTX car put on the next train to Cicero where NWWZ trailer was unloaded. Anyone know how this type of move was handled?

Also, does anyone know if there was an actual ramp at Savanna and where it was?

--
Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63638) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_