Re: [CBQ] Holy Grail CB&Q Flexi-Van Black Hawk Photo

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Holy Grail CB&Q Flexi-Van Black Hawk Photo
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 14:25:04 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Brian and group-

I had collected photos of the Flexi-Vans for a N Scale project for a friend that did not get completed.

The only one I have an image with Rockwell High Speed Trucks of is a ATSF MarkV car.   None of the NYC, MILW, CB&Q or IC cars have anything than some form of conventional roller bearing truck.

Which brings up a question on truck diagrams….

….does anyone have truck diagrams that cover the fifties to the end?   My truck diagram book stops at ARA “Bettendorf” and Andrews trucks and I am wondering if any Chrysler Trucks were used on CB&Q equipment.  I can’t lay hands on my later freight car diagram book and don’t recall if the truck diagrams were bound in with the freight cars.  As far as I know the passenger car truck diagrams ended with the early shovelnoses as I’ve never seen anything post 1934-ish.

Thanks,
Charlie