Re: [CBQ] Holy Grail CB&Q Flexi-Van Black Hawk Photo

To: CBQ@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Holy Grail CB&Q Flexi-Van Black Hawk Photo
From: "William Hirt" <whirt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 09:10:55 -0600
I have the book. The photo is on page 43. The second Flexi-Van is NYC. It is shorter in height than the Burlington one on head end of the flat car.

Bill Hirt

On 11/7/2021 8:29 AM, Tom Mack via groups.io wrote:
Every so often you find one of those "Holy Grail" photos. I just found one in the new Morning Sun book on Chicago Intercity Trains (I was at a train show). According to the caption in the book it is the Chicago-bound Black Hawk approaching St. Paul Union Depot (SPUD) in August 1969. You can barely make out the GN roundhouse behind the curve. It has a single E9A and right behind it is a CB&Q Flexi-Van flat with two side door Flexi-Vans. The first is clearly Burlington, but I think the second one is either MILW or NYC since it does not have the full BURLINGTON side board. Behind the Flexi-Van was a couple of Havelock baggage cars, then two smooth side silver passenger cars, then another car I can't make out..

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH