Re: [CBQ] Holy Grail CB&Q Flexi-Van Black Hawk Photo

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Holy Grail CB&Q Flexi-Van Black Hawk Photo
From: "Tom Mack via groups.io" <thommack=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 13:20:04 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
On Sun, Nov 7, 2021 at 12:35 PM, HOL WAGNER wrote:
here's a Q Flexi-Van flat in Denver with two NYC containers
Thanks Hol. Your picture did help immensely as it got me started looking at other NYC photos and I'm pretty sure I have this solved. The second Flexi-Van I saw in the photo is NYC, identical to the Flexi-Van on the left in your photo. I was pretty sure I saw a bit of an oval herald at the front but it was blocked by a sign. But there was definitely no placard at the rear, and that was throwing me off as I would have expected a sign at the rear saying Flex-Van Service. I think what I was seeing is one of the NYC Flexi-Vans with the U.S. Mail placard, but since the photo was taken in 1969, and the RR mail contract ended in 1967, NYC probably removed the rear placard, leaving only the forward NYC placard. I haven't found any other photos on line, but to me this makes perfect sense since the NYC would probably have needed to remove the U.S. Mail references on some or all of those trailers.

Does that make sense to list members?

--
Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62720) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_