Re: [CBQ] Wanted: Athearn CB&Q PS 2893 Covered Hopper

To: CBQ@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Wanted: Athearn CB&Q PS 2893 Covered Hopper
From: "William Hirt" <whirt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 08:44:15 -0500

Dennis,

On my Zephyr Rocket, I have all of the cars I need. One of my friends locally, Jim McCroskie (who started on the Q as a clerk), built the NKP Car Products kits I needed to fill out my train. In fact, I have enough for an excursion train as I have an Oriental Models 4960 Mikado with sound installed and the auxiliary tender. I just need to update it with a current keeper as it does not like my Micro Engineering turnouts very much when it comes to pick up.

Lenny is on the list. I just saw him on Monday and will again on Saturday. He is the regular dispatcher on my layout for operating sessions. Saturday he will be dispatching a D&RGW layout that installed CTC over the past 18 months. It's his chance to relive his days at Pacific Junction running the board!

Bill Hirt