Re: [CBQ] SW12 Question

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] SW12 Question
From: "Michael Woodruff" <mwoodruff54@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 18:03:15 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Ricky:

Coming into this discussion late, but the two orders of Q SW1200s were Phase II versions (CB&Q 9271-9280, built 9-10/55) and Phase IV versions (CB&Q 9281-9292, built 7/65).

The Phase II units had round "crowsfoot" handrail stanchions bolted to the top of the frame, and three lifting eyes on each side of the hood:

The Phase IV units had flatter "channel stock" handrail stanchions bolted to the side of the frame, and two lifting eyes on each side of the hood:

The Rapido model appears to be accurate for the Phase II units, 9271-9280.

For those interested in such things, the production phase differences between EMD switchers were detailed in X2200S #41.

msw
spokane wa