[CBQ] Passenger Trains of Texas - Burlington Route - Commercial Post

To: cbq@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Passenger Trains of Texas - Burlington Route - Commercial Post
From: "qmp211" <milepost206@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:40:04 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Posted on Railspot RS-Talon

Steve Goen has announced the next volume in his Passenger Trains of  Texas series of books covering the Burlington Route. Lots of rare photos and ephemera paint a great view of Fort Worth & Denver operations in the Lone Star State.

BTW If you missed Steve’s Passenger Trains of Texas Rock Island, grab it for a look at the Burlington-Rock Island operations.

We’ll have a limited number of copies available.

Great book covering an overlooked portion of the Burlington System.

Thanks

Randy Danniel

Passenger Trains of Texas - Burlington Route
From: texaszephyr
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 12:20:41 PDT

I wanted to let everyone know that my long awaited book "Passenger Trains of Texas - Burlington Route" is finished and is awaiting printing. I'm being told that the book will be printed sometime in mid-November. It could be sooner, it could be later.

The book's delay in its release comes down to three things. The first were prolonged delays in scheduling visits to regional museums and libraries due to Covid restrictions. The next delay was our decision to take advantage of the once-in-a-liftime opportunity to chase the Big Boy to and from New Orleans. Lastly the final delay came from the company who does my printing. During July and August alone they had a total of 21 employees all come down with Covid, including their person in charge of scheduling and shipping who died. So with all of this taking place I'll gladly settle for a November publication.

And now some good news.

As some may know this is the third volume in my "Passenger Trains of Texas" series, and will be my eleventh book overall. My two most recent books featuring the Cotton Belt and the Rock Island were 144 and 148 pages respectfully. However that just won't do for my beloved Fort Worth & Denver.

So I'm happy to announce that my new Burlington Route book will be a whopping 184 pages in length, 36 pages more than the Rock Island. As a result I have been forced to increase the price by just $10.00 for an additional 36 pages of coverage. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Once again all chapters are arranged in order of the dates of discontinuance beginning with the earliest and ending with the last passenger train to operate on that railroad. So here are the chapters in order of their discontinuance.

The WF&O's Wichita Falls to Waurika, Oklahoma mixed train

FW&D's West Texas Express

Wichita Valley's Wichita Falls to Abilene doodlebug

WV's Stamford to Spur mixed train

The Denver Northern's Pampa to Childress mixed

The South Plains' Childress to Lubbock trains

B-RI's Red Head

The Pioneer Zephyr

The Sam Houston Zephyr

Mail trains No. 7 & 8

The Texas Zephyr

As I said the book is 184 pages long and features a long list of extremely rare black & white and color images, vintage timetables, menus and more.

The list price is $69.99 but if you order prior to November 1st you can purchase "Passenger Trains of Texas-Burlington Route" at a special pre-publication discount of only $59.95. Shipping is $7.50 and Texas residents must add 8.25% state sales tax to the total.

I have added the book to my website so those interested in ordering a copy can do so on line. We will also be at the Temple Train Show this weekend and can accept orders there as well.

Steve Goen

 Attachments:

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62565) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_