Re: [CBQ] Minneapolis/St. Paul to St. Louis via the Beardstown Division

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Minneapolis/St. Paul to St. Louis via the Beardstown Division
From: "Henry Kraichely" <hkraichely@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 22:04:05 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Bill thank you for the accurate grade data on Prospect hill.  From my backyard I could look down the line for a mile are more and the grade was very obvious as I looked down grade.

Another bit of trivia is I never the Zephyr/Rocket run with more than a single E unit even during the Holidays.  The train would add a coach or two but not a second E.  I used Hall Street quite often many time seeing a E unit sitting on one of the tracks  across from the roundhouse only accessible by the turntable.  I read that the Q took their unit that came in that morning on the Zephyr/Rocket out to their Hall Street Yard to be serviced.  I read they thought the Terminal Railroad charged too much for the service.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62001) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_