Re: [CBQ] Quick question on GE U-boats

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Quick question on GE U-boats
From: "popbumper1" <popbumper1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 23:42:03 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Incredible.....🙄

-------- Original message --------
From: "Nolen Null via groups.io" <NNull=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: 3/10/21 11:09 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: CBQ@groups.io

Sorry Guys,

From:  Trainorders Mon Apr 06, 2009

Sorry Robert, I beg to differ. The unit in question is former Detroit Edison U30C #011, which was moved to Grandview, MO to be scrapped. Two ambitious volunteers spent their own time and money to do a quick cosmetic restoration of the unit into Burlington colors AND correct details and then do a photo shoot before it was scrapped. There was extensive discussion on Trainorders and while many thought it was a photoshop hoax, the restorers supplied multiple pictures of the unit in various stages of restoration, day and night photos from the photo shoot, and close-ups of how various details such as the axle alternators were replicated to match the Burlington prototype. All the critics and skeptics appeared to be convinced, and at least one third-party eyewitness to the subsequent scrapping corroborated the fact that DE #011 was scrapped in Burlington Chinese Red. It's an amazing story of a labor of love by a few Burlington fans who didn't care that it was only temporary

Looks good though,

Nolen Null