Re: [CBQ] Industry and Warehouse Questions

To: CBQ@groups.io, Scott Stearns <scott_b_stearns@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Industry and Warehouse Questions
From: "Dan Hollis" <dfhollis@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 21:43:39 -0600 (CST)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Pielet Brothers was the scrapper next to EMD in McCook.

On 03/08/2021 9:40 PM Scott Stearns <scott_b_stearns@hotmail.com> wrote:

Nancy and I are in the process of modelling a warehouse district switch job on our model railroad.  This area will have a job that runs out of Cicero Yard and go east towards Union Station.  Between Cicero and CUS, there were numerous warehouses.  We'd like to be as accurate as possible (within reason) in naming these warehouses.  The era is the early 1960s.  Any help with names of the warehouses and what they handled would be greatly appreciated.

On a similar but different note -- we fully understand that the La Grange EMD plant was not on the "Q".  However, our layout is going to fudge that a bit.  We're of the understanding that there was also a business in the area that took in old locomotives to be scrapped.  Does anyone know the name of that business?

Thanks to all for your help.

Scott & Nancy Stearns
Zumbrota, MN
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61612) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_