[CBQ] CB&Q U23C truck inquiry

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q U23C truck inquiry
From: "popbumper1" <popbumper1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2021 13:29:10 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Good afternoon:

Quick introduction - I am a former (1995-2000) and renewed member of the BRHS, and an HO scale modeler who has formerly attended BRHS conventions and was published in Mainline Modeler magazine.

Having once again returned to the hobby, I am in the process of both starting and finishing some projects,  including a CB&Q U23C, for which I am seeking information.

Perusal of photos of the Q U23C has shown that the Q chose different trucks (Adirondack triple clasp), as opposed to other roads. And, for better or worse, the engineer truck sideframe employed an unusual "dual pulley" handbrake chain tensioning system. Neither this truck, nor the unique pulley appliance exist in HO scale.

What I am hoping to find here is someone who may have knowledge of, or possession of photos showing the U23C truck, as well as the chain/pulley system. I know that detail shots of such things are a rarity; of all the books I own, none contain useful information.

I am working with a gentleman who does 3D printing, hoping to get these pieces made. Can anyone here assist? Any information/guidance would be extremely appreciated. While I CAN create one of these models, having the wrong truck sideframes would render the model incomplete, so I am hoping to resolve this issue!

Thank you so much!

Chris Munson

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61119) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_