Re: [BRHSlist] [CBQ] 30,000 Images Now Available

To: clipperw@gmail.com, BRHSlist@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] [CBQ] 30,000 Images Now Available
From: "Louis Zadnichek via groups.io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 19:41:26 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: CBQ@groups.io
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
January 8, 2021

Bill - I couldn't have said it "better" than you.....  When I first approached Bill about creating this Burlington Route digital image archive, he and I had absolutely no idea that it would take off like it did and become such a treasure trove for railroad historians.

Bill, Chuck, Rupert and I have put in many thousands of hours working together over the years to source the images shown, as well as research and categorize them.  As Bill so aptly puts it, "It is gratifying to see that BRHS members are using the Flickr Gallery."

One other name I'd like to add to Bill's "recognition list" is that of retired CB&Q/BN/Amtrak locomotive engineer Bob Campbell.  Bob has an absolutely phenomenal memory of Lines East locations and has been invaluable in ID'ing where images were taken.

Whereas every railroad historian has his or her favorite subject matter, be it steam or diesel locomotives; freight or passenger cars/trains; MOW equipment; structures such as coal chutes, depots, towers, roundhouses, bridges or tunnels, Bill, Chuck, Rupert and I have done all we can to include just about every possible subject in the Flickr Gallery.

Personally, my favorite Album is "People And Railroad Personnel."  There never would've been a Burlington Route without the people who commercially supported it and the employees who made it all happen.  The Flickr Gallery memorializes them all.

In closing, I'd like to invite every BRHS member to seriously consider scanning their image collections and then contributing the scans for posting in the Flickr Gallery. Their scans will live on to educate those railroad historians who will come after us - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL