Re: [CBQ] What's for lunch?

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] What's for lunch?
From: "Fred Crissey" <fhc925@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 17:21:20 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Here's my two cents on the Czechs in Yukon OK.  A large portion of them were transferred/moved to the Oklahoma City area from Cicero/Berwyn when Western Electric expanded manufacturing to that part of the world in the 1950's from the Hawthorne Works on Cicero Ave.  How do I know?  I had a aunt who was a telephone operator at the Hawthorne plant and one of her friends was transferred to Yukon.  We stayed with them one night on a quick trip from Chicago to Dallas in the early 1960s.

For those of you in the DFW area you can get a taste of Czech food (Texas Style) in West, Texas.  North of Waco on I-35.

Fred Crissey