Re: [CBQ] What's for lunch?

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] What's for lunch?
From: "jpslhedgpeth via groups.io" <jpslhedgpeth=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 16:14:59 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
When ever I see the name Dvorak    I always want to say the last syllable as  'AK" cause that's what it looks like in English.  But my late Czech Wife always said DvorSHAK.  I  I always wondered why she said it that way, but now I know.  The Czech language puts some combinations of letters together and they are pronounced differently than we would in English.  I heard one old guy say  'You've gotta have a "SLAVEK TOUNG" and that is certainly correct.

We visited the Czech Museum at Cedar Rapids a few years before the first flood destroyed it, but i understand that it's back in business now.

CedarRapids is still a "hot bed" of Czech Culture and a good Czech restaurant or two.

Pete