Re: [CBQ] Help wanted with popular route names

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Help wanted with popular route names
From: "Steven Holding" <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 13:25:40 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The Chicago, Burington and Northern took over  the route from Oregon to St. Paul.  I was indexing that paper work in the Archives last week
Galesburg to Savanna was a mixture of former roads and called the Pea Vine as were a lot of lines had Pea Vines.  because of the curves and added parts.  Sometimes "Air Line"  was used for a straight line often by pass trackage.  Also often a line was named for a major city along the route

Steve in SC