Re: [CBQ] Help wanted with popular route names

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Help wanted with popular route names
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 13:45:03 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Jack,

In addition to Dougs response most of the following are self explanatory(I think) but here they are just in case:
Rockford Branch-Rockford to Flag Center connection to C&I
Fox River branch-Montgomery-Streator
I.V. &N.-Streator-Walnut Jct(on the Mendota-Denrock line) via La Salle and Zearing
Rockfalls(Sterling)branch-Earlville-Sterling via PawPaw.
West Chicago branch- north end of Aurora shops near Indian creek to West Chicago
East end- everybody knows that one
Pea Vine-Galesburg to Savanna
Main line- (as referenced on the Aurora div) Aurora-Galesburg.
Baker main(at least that’s what the old heads called it when I was Property(Earlville-Baker). Did run to jct with Fox River branch prior to late 50s. Jct known by various names, Sheridan Jct, Burgess Jct,Catherine.
Mount Morris branch- Oregon to Mt Morris. Prior to Great Depression ran to Forreston.
West Batavia- Jct on C&I at West Aurora to West Batavia. Prior to late 19 teens went to Geneva.
Paw Paw to Shabbona- dont know what it was called. Pulled up early in Great Depression.

Leo
Ps- there are some other spurs on the Aurora div. that are long forgotten that I am researching for a future BRHS article.