Re: [CBQ] [EarlyRail] Photo: Simple Weathering Project - CB&Q Boxcar 121

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] [EarlyRail] Photo: Simple Weathering Project - CB&Q Boxcar 12138
From: "Ken Martin via groups.io" <kmartin537=surewest.net@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 07:08:59 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Bill,

I first thought the side view was a one also but a closer look shows it is a four although very faint.

Ken Martin

On Jun 22, 2020, at 6:49 AM, William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com> wrote:

Actually, there are two photos of the furniture car that I think are related. What doesn’t make sense is the car number. In one photo it appears to be 12138 and in the other 42138. Is it possible that in the side view, the car number is really 42138? The photos were taken following a 1903 flood in Kansas City, and I believe the location is the West bottoms area of KC. The dirt on the side of the car is the height of the flood water. There is a second cor lodged between the furniture car and the freight house. That area, near the confluence of the Kansas and Missouri Rivers, has always been prone to flooding. I am glad that my furniture is not in that car!

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#59769) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic