Re: [CBQ] Great Burlington Route postcard

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Great Burlington Route postcard
From: "Louis Zadnichek via groups.io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 23:44:52 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: ann.oliver65@gmail.com
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
May 4, 2020

Jack - I've probably seen more Burlington Route and subsidiary print advertising over the years than most BRHS members. But, these two small ads are "new" to me.

I'll speculate that the Burlington Route's passenger department sales offices scattered around the major metropolitan areas of that era had their own print advertising budgets and generated promotional materials of their own such as Ann Oliver's two cards.

For that reason, both cards are rare, if not very rare.  As to value, the two cards are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. They would primarily appeal to collectors of Burlington Route print advertising. Thanks for sharing with us - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL