Re: [CBQ] Subscriber was removed for marking a message as spam

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Subscriber was removed for marking a message as spam
From: "Bryan Howell via groups.io" <tubaman21=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 18:42:36 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
And that won't happen because it will cause even more issues. This is due to a feedback loop and if Groups.io ignores it, more ISPs will block them. Again, the problems lie entirely on the ISPs handling of the volume of messages being submitted by Groups.io, which is a legitimate site and not a spam producing site.

This topic has nothing to do with the CB&Q and nothing can be done, so I'm going to lock this topic. If you would like to continue it, please contact me directly.

Bryan J. Howell
CBQ List Admin

On Thursday, April 9, 2020, 01:31:40 PM CDT, Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

At 10:48am -0000, 04/09/20, Dave Lotz <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>No,

>This only was sent to one person.  Your ISP/ESP is still the source of your
>problem.  This is only what might have caused your ISP/ESP to mark this
>address as spam.

No, it's groups.io automatically unsubscribing the subscriber due to receipt
of a false positive on a third-party spam filter. That's the problem.

Whether a subscriber is to be unsubscribed should be left to the list owner,
with the exception of known bots subscribing to mailing lists to send spam
or collect legitimate email addresses.

>Dave

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#59309) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic