Re: [CBQ] Dynamo(s) on S-4 Hudsons #4-6-4 #Hudson #S-4 #dynamo

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Dynamo(s) on S-4 Hudsons #4-6-4 #Hudson #S-4 #dynamo
From: "Dan Hollis" <dfhollis@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 05:57:11 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Check the Hudson issue of the Burlington Bulletin.
On March 25, 2020 at 4:53 AM "Mike Martin via Groups.Io" <atsf3460=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Jon,

Here is a poor iPhone photograph of a Sunset Models Burlington Hudson's dynamos.  I'm guessing CB&Q had a preferred style or type of generator but without getting up on one of the preserved Hudson's it might be hard to figure out exactly which one.  I'd look at detail photos in the BRHS Hudson book with a magazine or online sources and just pick whichever Cal Scale or Precision Scale generator you think matches your photograph.  Even then it may not exactly be correct but close is okay in my book.  One way to figure it out might be to search for old ads for the makers of generators / dynamos.  Lots of them would feature a new locomotive and brag that the "East Highball and Swizzle Stick" is using our new stoker or dynamo.  It may be that Sunbeam and Pyle National may have done that with the Burlington Hudsons or Northerns (I'd guess they both used the same dynamo when built).

Mike Martin