Re: [CBQ] Dynamo(s) on S-4 Hudsons #4-6-4 #Hudson #S-4 #dynamo

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Dynamo(s) on S-4 Hudsons #4-6-4 #Hudson #S-4 #dynamo
From: "Mike Martin via Groups.Io" <atsf3460=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 18:03:23 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Jon,

I may have found a dynamo for you.  There's a guy up in Wisconsin named Bill Davis that sells all sorts of brass pieces and parts under the name American Scale Models.  He's also a small importer and has a lot of detail parts.  One of the parts is linked below... it's a General Electric dynamo and seems to have the funny mushroom looking thing on the top which I believe is a muffler for the output of the steam from the dynamo.  The rest of the dynamo isn't exactly right but it's close to the one on the model by Sunset made in 1980 or so.

I also attached a photo of the dynamo to this email.  I'd suggest using a Heavy USRA 4-6-2 for your starting point possibly... Broadway Limited, I believe, is making these models.  Another alternative would be to use a PFM or AHM brass Milwaukee Road 4-6-4 and just start hacking off anything that doesn't look "Burlington-ish" and replace the stuff with Q looking parts.  Those models are dirt cheap compared to Burlington Hudsons from Sunset and Nickel Plate Products and Challenger Imports.

Mike Martin